FET compressors are indispensable studio tools. They’re among the best ways to slam a signal into oblivion. The JHS Whitey Tighty takes this studio mainstay and packs it into a small, easy-to-operate guitar effects pedal. And we do mean easy — the Whitey Tighty’s 3-knob control set makes dialing in a pleasing squash a piece of cake. Most notable is this pedal’s Blend knob. With it, you can find the magic sweet spot between your uneffected and compressed signal. Whether you’re looking for subtle smoothing or an all-out slamfest, the Whitey Tighty gives you the studio-quality compression you need to take your sound to the next level.
Tweaking the JHS Whitey Tighty is child’s play thanks to its straightforward 3-knob control set. The Volume control allows you to achieve unity gain or dial in a volume bump. The Compression knob controls the amount of compression — you can attain everything from delicate smoothing to a hard squash that’s ideal for country, pop, rock, and more. Beyond that, a Blend knob balances your pure and compressed signals, allowing you to retain the natural feel of your uneffected tone — even with intense compression.
- Studio-quality FET compression in a compact effects pedal
- Delivers subtle smoothing, an all-out slamfest, and everything in between
- Straightforward 3-knob control set offers incredible ease of use
- Volume control allows you to achieve unity gain or dial in a volume bump
- Compression knob controls the amount of compression
- Blend knob balances your pure and compressed signals
- True-bypass switching preserves your tone when the pedal is off
- Ruggedly built and handwired pedal