Taylor GT811e Grand Theatre
One of the first GT guitars to be released in the context of an existing series, the GT 811e blends the dazzling sparkle and warmth of Indian rosewood with the unmatched playability of the GT’s comfortably compact frame. With its shorter body and scale length, the GT’s proportions are smaller than the Grand Concert but larger than the GS Mini, finding a sweet spot where comfort meets rich, solid-wood tone.
The superstar tonewood pairing of Indian rosewood back and sides with a Sitka spruce top delivers all the clarity and balance you’d expect from a full-size rosewood guitar, while its smaller footprint and shorter scale (24-⅛”) provide a slinkier feel that makes complex chords or arpeggio formations easier to hold. Under the hood, the GT 811e reflects Taylor’s envelope-pushing design approach—we’ve adapted the tone-enhancing benefits of V-Class bracing into a new pattern that provides similar increases in volume and sustain for the GT’s smaller frame. Called C-Class bracing, this interior architecture boosts the response in the bass range, yielding warmth and presence that a guitar of this size typically can’t produce.
This model is appointed to match its counterparts in the 800 Series, featuring maple binding with black purfling accents, a single-ring abalone rosette, a thin 4.5-mil gloss finish on the entire body, and mother-of-pearl fretboard and peghead inlays in our Element pattern. The GT 811e ships with built-in ES2 electronics for organic plugged-in tone and comes with our exclusive AeroCase, whose ultra-lightweight construction and padded walls provides ample protection
- Comfortably sized acoustic-electric with eye-popping tonewoods
- Grand Theater body shape feels comfortable and responsive
- C-Class bracing facilitates a strong bass response while increasing sustain
- Solid rosewood back and sides deliver a warm, musical sonic foundation
- Sitka spruce top enhances note definition
- Condensed 24-1/8-inch scale length softens string feel for agile performance
- ES2 electronics produce an accurate plugged-in tone
- Mahogany neck with standard carve sits securely in your hand